This sugar string pumpkin craft seems wonderful and is surprisingly simple to make with children. We’re going to present you the straightforward steps to create an ornamental pumpkin with simply sugar, water and string. This sugar string crafting method can be utilized for all types of artful issues with children of all ages.
Sugar STring Pumpkin Craft
The undertaking I’m sharing right this moment turned out AMAZING. I’m not even kidding. My 7 y/o and I made them collectively and we’re extremely happy with the outcome and plan on adorning round them for Thanksgiving.
Associated: Extra balloon string art
This text incorporates affiliate hyperlinks.
Instructions to Make a Sugar String Pumpkin
- We blew up 5 balloons of varied sizes. I attempted to maintain the balloons spherical vs. egg-shaped since we’re making pumpkins.
- Every balloon was wrapped with coloured cotton crochet string. We used brown and rust since our native craft retailer was out of a vibrant orange shade.
- For the 5 balloons, I doubled the recipe and used 1 cup sizzling water & 2 cups of sugar.
- As soon as the sugar dissolved, we dipped the string-wrapped balloons into a big bowl of the sugar syrup rotating it round till all of the string was nicely coated.
- Then we washed our fingers as a result of it’s STICKY!
- We hung the balloons outdoors on our play set from extra string and watched them dry within the solar attracting neighborhood bees. It took about 24 hours to dry. In case you are drying them inside, do it over a sink and use a fan to get the identical outcome.
- Rhett was tremendous excited to pop the balloons as soon as the string was dry. He pierced it with a pair of scissors after which pushed the balloon inward to detach it from the string. The pop makes a enjoyable noise, however so does the balloon contracting away from the sugar-attached string.
- We pulled the deflated balloon out of the highest of the string pumpkin.
- I wrapped rafia pumpkin stems and positioned one within the gap on the high of every string pumpkin.
- We positioned them on the desk for the right Thanksgiving centerpiece.
Completed Sugar STring Craft Undertaking
It was that simple. It was additionally very cheap – for the worth of two cups of sugar and a bit of string & leftover rafia, we now have a centerpiece!
We’re already planning some sugar string Christmas ornaments.
Extra String Crafts from Children Actions Weblog
How did your sugar string pumpkins prove?