This straightforward hen enchilada casserole recipe is a brilliant easy dinner the entire household will love. This scrumptious recipe has a bit little bit of crunchy with simply sufficient of the enchilada chewy goodness full of Mexico-inspired flavors and the proper quantity of spicy warmth.
Greatest Hen Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Spicy hen, combined with creamy cheese, beans, veggies, and mushy tortillas, topped together with your favorites, like bitter cream, guacamole, and cilantro. Yum!
Who doesn’t love a very good casserole?! Casserole recipes permit for a fast and simple meal you could put collectively forward of time whereas meal prepping for the week or simply assemble throughout a busy night time.
That is one among my favourite enchilada recipes. Simple hen enchiladas are nice, and an effective way to make use of up leftover hen. It’s a straightforward recipe and a household favourite.
This text comprises affiliate hyperlinks.
This Hen Enchilada Recipe:
- Serves 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: half-hour
Elements – Hen Enchilada Casserole
- Inexperienced onion
- Bitter cream
- Recent Cilantro
Directions -Hen Enchilada Casserole
Very first thing you’ll want to do is preheat oven to 350 levels F.
Begin by calmly spraying a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray, put aside.
Then, in a big bowl, stir collectively enchilada sauce and salsa.
Reserve 1 cup of sauce combination.
Subsequent, unfold about ½ cup sauce evenly on the underside of the baking dish.
Drain and rinse black beans, drain pinto bean and corn, stir into sauce.
Then, stir in hen.
Minimize tortillas and layer on the underside of the ready baking dish.
Subsequent, cowl with one third of the meat combination.
Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over meat combination.
Then, repeat with one other layer of tortillas, meat combination then 1 cup cheese.
Add remaining tortillas and remaining ½ cup sauce combination, then extra cheese.
Subsequent, calmly spray a bit of foil to stop cheese sticking, and canopy baking dish.
Bake lined for 20 minutes.
Uncover and bake a further 5-10 minutes or till bubbly and cheese is melted.
Take away from oven and let set for five minutes earlier than serving.
Serve together with your favourite toppings.
- Floor beef will also be used as an alternative of hen. Brown floor beef on the range till no pink stays.
- Beans – you need to use any beans you want
- Don’t have time to gradual cook dinner hen? Rotisserie hen additionally works and is moist.
- Want some warmth? Inexperienced chilis work nice right here.
- I like so as to add some seasoning to my combination like chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
How To Make Gluten Free Enchilada Casserole
It’s so straightforward to transform this enchilada casserole right into a gluten free recipe!
Use gluten free flour tortillas as an alternative of conventional flour tortillas (Mission makes scrumptious gluten free tortillas!).
Then, simply double examine that the remainder of your packaged components are gluten free.
What To Serve With Hen Enchilada Casserole
Every time I make enchiladas or tacos, I really like serving yummy bean and rice dishes on the aspect! Why not have extra of a very good factor, am I proper?!
- This Tex-Mex black bean and corn salad is the proper aspect on your hen enchilada casserole! Simply add a little bit of guacamole and a spritz of contemporary lemon or lime juice–YUM!
- Talking of guac, right here is THE BEST guacamole recipe, ever! It’s really easy to make and simply tastes higher when it’s do-it-yourself!
- I additionally like to make an enormous pot of Mexican rice, too! It mixes properly with the black bean and corn salad.
How To Retailer Your Enchilada Casserole
Have leftover enchiladas? Effectively you’ll be able to retailer any remaining sauce in an hermetic container or freeze it.
The enchiladas must be eaten over the subsequent couple days. You may wrap it in aluminum foil or put it over your casserole dish or put in an hermetic container.
Cook dinner Time
- 3 cups cooked and shredded hen
- 1 can (19 oz) crimson enchilada sauce, delicate or sizzling
- 1 cup salsa, delicate or sizzling
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans ** see notes
- 12 (6 inch) corn or flour tortillas, lower to suit baking dish
- 1 can (15.25 oz) corn or 2 cups frozen corn, drained
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese mix
- Non-compulsory Toppings:
- Inexperienced onions
- Bitter cream
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- Evenly spray 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray, put aside.
- In a big bowl, stir collectively enchilada sauce and salsa.
- Reserve 1 cup of sauce combination.
- Unfold about ½ cup sauce evenly on the underside of the baking dish.
- Drain and rinse black beans, drain pinto bean and corn, stir into sauce.
- Stir in hen.
- Minimize tortillas and layer on the underside of the ready baking dish.
- Cowl with one third of the meat combination.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over meat combination.
- Repeat with one other layer of tortillas, meat combination then 1 cup cheese.
- Add remaining tortillas and remaining ½ cup sauce combination, then extra cheese.
- Evenly spray a bit of foil to stop cheese sticking, and canopy baking dish.
- Bake lined for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake a further 5-10 minutes or till bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Take away from oven and let set for five minutes earlier than serving.
- Serve together with your favourite toppings.
Extra Yummy Hen Recipes & Simple Dinners
Hen is on of these meals that even the pickiest of eaters will eat, you probably have the best recipe! Listed here are a few of our favourite hen recipes:
What’s your favourite topping for hen enchiladas? Remark beneath!