This autumn colours pumpkin door ornament craft makes the cutest pumpkin door hanger that can work good to your entrance door. Children of all ages could make this easy fall craft that takes a pizza pan and some provides inside minutes. It’s a enjoyable pumpkin craft to make collectively as a household or within the classroom and makes a very nice present.
?DIY Pumpkin Door Ornament
This Fall, flip a pizza pan from the Greenback Retailer right into a cute pumpkin door hanger! I simply love adorning for Fall — pumpkins, leaves, burlap, and all issues Autumn. And even the best merchandise (like a pizza pan!) may be remodeled into an lovely pumpkin with only a few steps!
This text accommodates affiliate hyperlinks.
?How you can Make a Easy Fall Door Ornament
?Instructions to Make a Pumpkin Door Hanger
Begin by spray portray the pan with a base coat of orange and permit to dry fully. Repeat on the opposite aspect. Add a second coat to succeed in desired protection.
As soon as dry, use the paint marker to stipulate the 5 sections of your pumpkin.
- Go over these traces with the orange acrylic paint — thickening them up.
- Paint across the exterior fringe of the pan, too.
- Add accent traces in every part with the orange paint.
- Then add some accent traces in white paint.
- Lastly, combine a little bit of purple paint into the orange paint and add some darkish traces to the underside of the pumpkin to offer the looks of shadows.
Seal with the clear sealer as soon as dry.
Safe one finish of the inexperienced ribbon to the tip of a dowel rod with a clothespin. Wrap the ribbon tightly across the dowel rod, overlapping every layer barely. Reduce and safe the opposite finish with a clothespin.
Place on a baking sheet and bake at 250 levels F for 15-20 minutes. As soon as cool, take away the ribbon from the dowel rod — you now have a curled ribbon for the “vine” of your pumpkin!
Reduce a sq. of the burlap and fold it in half vertically — this would be the stem of your pumpkin. Use the new glue gun to safe it to the again of your pan pumpkin.
Tie the curled inexperienced ribbon across the burlap in order that it hangs on one aspect and appears like a vine rising out of the stem. Safe with sizzling glue.
Now your pumpkin is able to hold!
- Spherical Pizza Pan
- Orange Spray Paint
- Orange Paint Marker
- White Acrylic Paint
- Orange Acrylic Paint
- Purple Acrylic Paint
- Inexperienced Ribbon
- Clear Sealer
- Sizzling Glue Gun and Glue
- Dowel Rod
- Begin by spray portray the pan with a base coat of orange and permit to dry fully. Repeat on the opposite aspect. Add a second coat to succeed in desired protection.
- As soon as dry, define the small print of the pumpkin making 5 sections to your pumpkin going over the traces with orange acrylic paint thickening them up after which including paint to the sides of the pan and accent traces.
- Add white accent traces
- Combine in a little bit of purple paint for accents as properly.
- Seal as soon as dry.
- Curl inexperienced ribbon by wrapping round dowel and fixing with clothespins after which putting in oven on baking sheet at 250 levels for 15-20 minutes. It will set the curl of the ribbon.
- Add burlap stem and ribbon as ornament securing with sizzling glue.
MORE PUMPKIN CRAFTS & FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
For those who beloved this pumpkin craft, you’ll additionally love our checklist of 30 Pumpkin Activities for Kids <– there are such a lot of cute ones to select from!
How did your pumpkin door ornament craft end up?